Friday, July 6, 2012

It's the way of a simpleton

With some free time (and access to the computer) since the kids are gone, I've had time to browse several of the crafting blogs that I used to frequent - "used to" as in last year this time.

I am always admiring the beautiful cards that many make, but know that I cannot (will not?) spend that sort of time creating a card. I'm a simpleton and I admit it. So, while I admire (and love) the look of those intricate cards, I am even more inspired when I see what I'd call a simple sort of card.

So, I came across two today that I saw and thought, "I could do something like that." Of course, it is even simpler for me when I have the sketch/inspiration to springboard off.

Here's a creation inspired by Jen's card.

Supplies used: All CTMH - Paper: Whoops A Daisy: Ink: Watermelon, Ocean, Hydrangea; Stamps: Noted Backgrounds, A Huge Thanks; Tools: CM circle punch


And here's one inspired by Jeanne's card.

Supplies used: All CTMH - Paper: Whoops A Daisy: Ink: Watermelon, Hydrangea; Stamps: CTMH Tickled Pink, Papertrey Ink Handwritten Notes; Other: button, CTMH waxy flax, SU gems


Thank you, Jen and Jeanne, for the inspiration ... and for the acknowledgement that "being simple" never equates with "not pretty"!

Make it a great day, y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you taking the time to leave a comment to let me know you were here. Go enjoy the day God made! ~ Maricar