Sunday, January 3, 2010

Cherish


I was able to eek in the time on Sunday afternoon and, instead of working on lesson plans, I crafted one more card before my self-imposed back-to-work crafting hiatus begins.


It was Super Sketchy Sunday at 365 Cards.

I pulled out paper from the stash. This is OLD paper, like pre-CTMH consultant days. It was sectioned off in my paper stash, so the papers were from the same collection. It has a fun print on it; I see what enticed me to purchase it; the paper set is cute.

Anyhow, I used the four patterned papers to create this card:



The sentiment is two fold. I cherish my vacation time, especially this final day (as I head back to work tomorrow morning). But, at the same time, I have to trust my heart to know that this job of mine is part of God's plan for me. Work is where I am supposed to be these days ... and I have to put my heart into it.
 
Ok, enough inspirational jibber jabber.

The card is simply a hodge podge of stash items. The twill ribbon is CTMH (left over from the "stamp the ribbon" challenge the other day). The stamp sets are CTMH Playful flourishes (my favorite!) and CTMH Treasures. I used my edge distresser, of course. Other than that, I have no idea what any of the items' manufacturers are. (Sorry!)
 
With this, I say "Adieu" with hopes that I will be able to find time to sneak back into the craft room this week and create. If not, be on the look out on MLK -- another day off ... I will be back! :)

5 comments:

  1. Cute, cute, cute!!! I love the paper, too, but also don't recognize it! That's ok. It totally works for your card!

    Have a WONDERFUL week!
    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhh...lovely take on the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice job. Good on you digging into your stash! You can find some treasures in there! This is our first week back to school after 3 weeks off...we homeschool...and the pile of papers to grade this week and the fuss over memorizing spelling words, and my high schooler fussing about a French test and the collage one still on break....I need a vacation ALREADY!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cute card, Maricar! Hope your time back at school has been OK. I can only imagine how hard it would be to balance working with a young, active family. Take care, sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A sweet sentiment to with a lovely card!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you taking the time to leave a comment to let me know you were here. Go enjoy the day God made! ~ Maricar