Saturday, July 11, 2009

Day 133 of 365 Cards

I'm sort of rushed today, as I am headed to Georgia to pick up my kids from Nana's house .. so I have to find satisfaction in this card, because I'm out of time for this morning! :) This is what I created.



I wanted to use this stamp set (Butterfly Wings , a previous SOTM) and had already planned for today's 365 cards inspiration to shape the card for me. The basis of the card comes from the Originals sketch, a heartfelt classic.


While I'm not in love with this card, I do like the way the butterfly wings turned out. I used the technique when one inks the stamp in one light color and then rolls the stamp in a darker ink before stamping on paper. When I adhered the wings, I only put adhesive on the part closest to the body to allow the wings to be "in flight". There is prisma glitter on the wings as well.


How did Day 133 inspire me? While there are no actual bubbles in or on my card, the inspiration manifested itself as I chose the color for the wings. When I think of bubbles, I think of blowing bubbles underwater. When I think of water, I think of blue. And so an inspiration with bubbles leads me to use the color blue. That works, right?


Supplies - Stamp set: CTMH Butterfly Wings and Thank You. Colors: CTMH grey wool, heavenly blue, star spangled blue. Other: Glaze pen, prisma glitter.

9 comments:

  1. Love the pretty blue butterfly, Maricar, glittery wings and all!! Safe travels, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous Maricar. I love everything about it, especially the butterfly. Have a great Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maricar,
    Beautiful butterfly - I love the subtle color changes on the wings and the prisma glitter . . . nice touches! Having the wings "free" give the card added dimension, too! Nice blog - I've bookmarked it and will be back!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is absolutely gorgeous and sure makes me wish I owned that image! Love your thinking on how the challenge inspired you. Works for me.

    Safe travels in getting your kiddos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. your card is beautiful! the butterfly is just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card, soooo pretty, the butterfly is amazing, and the blue does look like pearalized bubbles!!! love it!!! I hope you had a safe trip.

    ReplyDelete
  7. great take on the bubble challenge Maricar! I love your butterfly!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning card and the butterfly is amazing. That would definitely be on my wish list.

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful card! i love how you used the bubbles to inspire the color! wonderfully creative!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you taking the time to leave a comment to let me know you were here. Go enjoy the day God made! ~ Maricar