Monday, September 8, 2008

Thanks (SU! style)

Sunday, I went to a Stampin' Up! open house at Laura's and had a great time. I perused the catalog, ate some yummy food, ogled at some new stamps (I might *need* some!), enjoyed meeting some new ladies, and even crafted a little.

Laura put out some stamp sets, a collection of inks and markers, and passed out paper to each of us. We each created our own card, following our own inspiration, doing our own thing. This is what I created:


I think the papers are new. I don't think you can see it in the picture, but on the green card base I used versamark ink to stamp fluorishes. The dotted pattern behind the word THANKS is a journaling stamp (cute adaptation, eh?). I used markers to color/stamp the flowers. And, might I add, SU! has great ribbon. I love the two sided papers with patterns on both sides (I'm glad that CTMH followed suit on that one!)

I made a cute paperclip bookmark to coordinate with the card, but I forgot to take a picture of it - and since I'm cozy in bed right now, that will have to wait until some other time.

Six days, six cards. I'm on a roll!

Materials: all SU! [sorry - I don't know item names ...]

2 comments:

  1. Darling card...and such cute papers! tfs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card! I do like SU papers and ribbons and tools. Not keen on wood sets, but the images are great.

    Sounds like you had a lot of fun! And yea on getting to create! Can't beat that. Ü

    ReplyDelete

Thank you taking the time to leave a comment to let me know you were here. Go enjoy the day God made! ~ Maricar