Sunday, June 1, 2008

Labor of Love

Sometimes the creative mojo flows, sometimes it doesn't. This is one of those doesn't sort of times. If you could see the pieces in the trash, you might appreciate this card a little more. This was one of those times that I cut, embossed, and inked several pieces -- all of which didn't work for me and found their way into the trash. I was getting discouraged and the mess I was making with nothing to show for it was frustrating.


But finally, pieces came together to make something with which I could be satisfied.



I had a sigh of relief when I created what ended up being a rather simple card. I created something, something that I'm happy with, and something I would not be ashamed to put in the mail to a friend. Whew.


Most of you know that I spend quite a bit of time blog surfing, collecting inspiration but doing little with it than saying "Ahh ... what a great idea." Well, I finished this card and realized that I fulfilled challenges posted on Nona's blog to use "collector's items". What did I use, you ask? Well, dare I admit that I purchased those Cuttlebug embossing folders back in February and this was the first time Swiss Dots has been used for something that didn't go into the trash. And, the SU! scallop punch that I just had to have back in February as well ... well, it saw light today as well.


So, a card I'm happy with, a challenge I successfully completed, using up papers from my stash, using tools I hadn't used yet ... it's a great way to start a Sunday. Bring on the day!


Materials: CS by Canon, PP by Provo Craft (an oldie from my stash), ribbon by Michaels, SU! scallop punch, cocoa ink by CTMH, Make My Day stamp set by CTMH, Swiss Dot embossing folder.

5 comments:

  1. It's a very lovely card! Thanks for playing in my challenge, and for the mention in your post!

    If you send me your address, I'll send you a goodie for participating with the other gals.

    =) Nona

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your card!!! I love the cuttlbug Swiss Dots folder and I love how you inked up the edges on your card! I also love that scallop punch!!! :D

    Thanks for the sweet comments you left on my blog, I appreciate it!!! :D

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, Maricar, your perserverance paid off! Your card is darling! I love the dots and that cute little scallop punch, and that sentiment is always nice. That strip of multi-colored paper you used adds quite a nice punch to the card. Thanks for sharing and also, thanks for the well wishes for my bro.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you kept trying because this card sure is nice! I know we can say, this is a simple card, but sometimes they can be so hard to create! It's hard to decide what to keep OFF the card, isn't it? At least I think so.

    Anyway, great work!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this card, too! The colors, papers - all awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you taking the time to leave a comment to let me know you were here. Go enjoy the day God made! ~ Maricar