Saturday, July 14, 2012

Summer fun

The challenge on CASology is to use the keyword "sun" to inspire a card.

So, when I think of sun, I think of summer.
When I think of summer, I think of vacation.
When I think of vacation, I think of postcards.
Yes, I'm a little old school - and when we travel, I still take an address book and stamps and buy/send postcards to friends from our destinations. But, who doesn't love getting a "wish you were here" sort of card, out of the blue, from a friend. I, for one, love postcards ..

Here's my creation:


Supplies: All CTMH - cranberry ribbon; inks - grey flannel, black, outdoor denim, cranberry, cocoa; stamps - Vintage Postcard, Noted Backgrounds


Thanks for stopping by! Have a great day.

And, if this week, you are headed out on vacaation - safe travels & enjoy! And, don't forget to send out a postcard or two from your destination.




8 comments:

  1. I, too, love postcards! Your card is adorable - I love how you stamped the kraft background, too! Nice work -
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Maricar - I am also a postcard fan and always enjoy receiving them. I love your postcard-inspired card and the little stapled ribbon is a great touch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your unique interpretation of the sun - thanks for sharing your thought process! Thanks so much for playing along with CASology's first challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The postcard image is so fun. Thank you so much for joining us this week at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love your interpration of the cue word! very clever and out of the box!! thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful interpretation of the cue word this week! :) Love your postcard themed card and the simple stapled ribbon! Thank you so much for joining us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty Maricar. Love the postcard image.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A super fun take on the challenge and I love all your layered stamping! Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you taking the time to leave a comment to let me know you were here. Go enjoy the day God made! ~ Maricar