Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Flowers in wintertime

As I challenge myself to stamp and use no other paper besides the card base, here's my creation for 365 Cards Day 297:



The challenge was to create a card with a non wintery theme - hence, the flowers. I went a little further with the "symbolism" in my card - but let me explain ... because otherwise you might not "get it". Hah. I chose grey wool as my ink color - a muted, grey color to symbolize winter. I chose the flower stamp - a sign of spring. I chose a turquoise button - a small burst of color like the first flower bud of springtime.


As I look at my sentiment that I chose earlier this morning, it is bittersweet. Between making this card and posting now, I found out that a friend of mine in Kansas City just passed away after a heart attack. "Through happy times and sad ... friend" takes new meaning now.

Supplies: All CTMH. Stamp set: Friendship word puzzle, Treasures of the heart. Ink: Grey wool. Embellishments: button, hemp.

3 comments:

  1. I luv the colours of the flowers. Beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry to hear of your friend's death - makes the card very apposite though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely card with a lovely sentiment - and I'm so sorry to read of the loss of your friend.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you taking the time to leave a comment to let me know you were here. Go enjoy the day God made! ~ Maricar