Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Many thanks

I'm in a swap with some Kansas City friends and this is the card for that swap:

I just bought this stamp set from the $1 section at Michaels. I am, though, remembering why I don't like some of those Studio G sets. This one was difficult to ink, even after multiple attempts to season the stamp. Instead, I decided to be "ok" with the imperfect stamping result.

Nothing too spectacular is going on with this card. I traced over the word many with my white gel pen. I colored the image using my blending pen, as the markers added a bit too much color.

I did use a few tools - the Cuttlebug, a new Fiskars punch and my SU! punch ... so that makes me smile. And, the paper is such an old set from CTMH that the colors aren't even listed on the package insert, so I had to choose colors on my own. (gasp!) The blue ric rac, which matches perfectly, is from my "catch all ribbon discards" basket. You gotta love when scraps match well!

Ahh, it feels good to be crafting again!

Anyhow, I hope my friends in the swap like the card ...

Materials: paper - CTMH ( retired Precious Paisleys), stamps - Studio G, ink & markers - CTMH (blush, crystal blue, honey), tools - Cuttlebug dots embossing folder, SU scallop punch, CTMH blending pen, Fiskars floating water punch, other - ricrac

1 comment:

  1. Yea! Good to see you are crafting again, too. This is a sweet card and I'm sure your swappin' buddies will like it very much.

    I have to remind myself with those $1 stamps...you sometimes get what you pay for. 'Course, it doesn't alway stop me from picking them up because they are well...only a dollar! LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thank you taking the time to leave a comment to let me know you were here. Go enjoy the day God made! ~ Maricar